Pumpkin, chocolate and almond butter–I can’t think of a better combination of flavors! Did I mention these Pumpkin Bars are healthy and made with only whole food ingredients!? If you love this recipe, please share it on your favorite social media sites by using the buttons […]
Month: September 2015
Healthy pumpkin cheesecake bars with a gingerbread cookie crust and topped with a decadent layer of homemade chocolate because how the heck else are you going to eat protein cheesecake?
I used Snickerdoodle PEScience Select Protein Powder because oh my god, snickerdoodle and pumpkin were made to be together! I’m sure vanilla flavored protein will also work but you can get 25% off PEScience orders using code PBCHOCO 🙂
If you love this recipe, please PIN it on PINTEREST using the Pinterest button at the bottom!
Recipe makes 12 bars.
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 scoop snickerdoodle protein powder
- 1.5 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 packet stevia
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop snickerdoodle protein powder (25% off PEScience with code PBCHOCO)
- 2 containers 0% fat greek yogurt (5.3 0z containers)
- 1/4 c egg whites
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c maple syrup (or honey/agave)
- Pre-heat oven to 300f and prepare an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix all gingerbread ingredients together. Roll dough into a ball and press flat into the bottom of the pan. (If dough is too sticky, add a few tablespoons of oat flour)
- Place all cheesecake ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour over crust and bake for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool completely. While cooling, melt chocolate ingredients together and pour over cheesecake. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares and serving.