Oh boy! All the things I love stuffed into one delicious cookie!
Peanut Butter – Love it!
Oatmeal – Love it!
Chocolate Chips – Love it!
This cookie is a winner and is exactly what you need to be making right this second.
Don’t let these cookies fool you. They look like your usual unhealthy oatmeal cookie.
But SURPRISE! They are stuffed with PEANUT BUTTER!
All the things you love in one cookie!
- 1 c quick oats
- 1/2 c oat flour
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 1/4 c baking stevia or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. sticky syrup of choice (agave, maple/sf maple, honey)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. sugar-free mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter (I used Nuts 'N More Birthday Cake)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oat flour, almond flour, stevia or coconut sugar, salt, baking soda and powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, applesauce, sticky syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and use a fork to stir.
- Fold in quick oats and chocolate chips.
- Let dough sit for 2 minutes.
- Place the 3 tablespoons of peanut butter into a zip-lock bag and cut off the corner to create a piping bag.
- Fill a cookie scoop half way with cookie dough and pipe about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of the dough. Continue filling up scoop with cookie dough to cover peanut butter.
- Release scoop onto the pan and use your fingers to press the dough flat.
- Repeat until you have used all the dough.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.