I have about a hundred different brownie recipes up my sleeve and most of them consist of some secret ingredient like beans or a banana (which I’m not hating on because I do love a good black bean brownie) but it is nice to have […]
Search Results: black bean brownies
I’m known to commonly use beans in my brownies recipes but I’ll be the first to admit while yes, they are delicious, black bean brownies just don’t have the same texture as real brownies. I’ve used avocado–tastes amazing but still not the same. I’ve used bananas–great […]
I wish I could start every blog post with those sweet sweet words–err healthy words. These brownies are so fudgy and dense; it’s hard to believe they are made from black beans and bananas and only 6g of fat in an entire brownie!
Don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest so you don’t lose it! 🙂
Recipe serves 9. Macros per serving: 167 calories/23 carbs/ 6g fat/ 7g protein
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 box black beans, rinsed (I use the Simply Balanced Target brand about 13oz)
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 scoop protein powder of choice (I used PEScience Cookies and Cream-get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp. almond meal
- 1/2 c plus 2 tbsp. oat flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/4 c powder peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co Mighty Nut)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- Place all brownie ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides when needed.
- Pour evenly into pan and bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Let brownies cool completely. If you absolutely can’t wait like me, you can place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, mix all dry ingredients for the cookie dough in a bowl. Add melted coconut oil and remaining ingredients. Mix until dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough evenly on top on the brownie, flatten with a spatula.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden before cutting into 9 square and serving.*
*For more presentable brownies, cut off the edges before cutting into squares.