I can’t think of an simpler thing to make with my overly ripe bananas than to bake a loaf of banana bread–except freezing them for ice cream or blending them for a smoothie. Okay, I can think of a ton of other delicious things to do with overly ripe bananas but this almond butter stuff banana loaf has protein cookie crumbles on top which makes it the BEST and HEALTHIEST banana bread I have ever had!
The almond butter center gets crisp when you bake it and gives the loaf a nice bit of crunch in every bite!
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c syrup (I used vitafiber--maple/honey/agave will also work)
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp. greek yogurt
- 1/2 c oat flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. almond butter (I used Buff Bake)
- 1/4 cookie, crumbled (I used Buff Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookie)
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Mash bananas using a fork, then mix in eggs, coconut sugar, syrup and yogurt, whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours and baking powder together.
- Add to banana mixture.
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan then pour almond butter down the center of the batter and use a spoon to spread out a bit.
- Pour remaining batter over the almond butter then sprinkling with cookie crumbles.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan and slicing into 10 pieces and serving.