Gingerbread and pumpkin go together like peanut butter and chocolate–the perfect holiday combination!
Vanilla protein icing made from the best Gourmet Vanilla protein powder you will ever have by PEScience. You can get 25% off your entire order by using code PBCHOCO at checkout.
- 3/4 c brown rice flour or flour of choice
- 1/4 c coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1/4 c pumpkin puree (room temp)
- 2 eggs, large (room temp)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbs. almond milk
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Gently melt coconut oil and molasses together (I used the microwave) and add to dry ingredients.
- Using a fork, mix well and then add remaining ingredients.
- Continue mixing until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a plastic zip-lock bag and snip the corner.
- Pipe batter into donut molds.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Melt icing ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle over donuts and place in the freezer for 2 minutes for icing to firm up.