These Almond Butter Fig Bars are just barely baked so they keep their deliciously gooey melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- 1/2 c old fashion oats
- 1/4 c quick oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Snickerdoodle 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. all natural sugar free maple syrup or sticky syrup of choice
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/4 c almond butter
- 12 dried black mission figs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 350f and prepare a glass dish or baking pan with parchment paper (mine was about 8x8 inches).
- Place your figs, almond butter, vanilla and maple syrup into a food processor or high performing blender on high until almost smooth. (I like small chunks of fig)
- In a bowl mix together your oats, protein, coconut sugar and baking powder.
- Add your fig/almond butter mixture into the bowl and use your hands to fold the ingredients together until completely incorporated.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely before cutting into 9 squares and serving.