I have seen this adorable idea all over Pinterest so I decided to give it a go with my protein pancake recipe–who eats regular pancakes, anyway?
You will need:
- 1 medium pancake
- 1 slightly small pancake
- 4 small “tear drop” shaped pancakes and two of them being slightly smaller than the other two
- 2 slices of banana
- 6 mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- a few pinches of coconut
Just look at that butt!
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour or oat flour
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. powdered peanut butter (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/4 c plus 3 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 egg, 1/4 c egg whites
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I used Better Body Foods)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, protein, powdered peanut butter and baking powder. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Use a pancake skillet or frying pan prepared with non-stick spray to create shapes listed above.
- Assemble bunny pancake parts then place a tablespoon of peanut butter in the center of the large pancake and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Place a banana slice in the top center of each foot then place 3 mini chocolate chips below.
Macros for pancakes only