This legit tastes like cake batter!
Is it as creamy as full ice cream? No, but considering it only has 9 carbs, 4 grams of fat ad 31 grams of protein per serving, it’s a perfect replacement.
For a dairy free substitute, check the notes.
I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla protein powder–it already tastes like freaking ice cream by itself. You can get 25% off any PEScience order from their website using my code PBCHOCO.
P.S. Don’t skip the sprinkles! Blending them into the ice cream is crucial if you want that “cake batter” taste. 🙂
- 2 c almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience)
- 1 serving container non-fat vanilla greek yogurt (I used Light & Fit)
- 2 tbsp. rainbow sprinkles (this is necessary)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass container or freezer safe container and freeze over night.
- Remove from freezer and let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes or until soft enough to remove from container and return to the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth like soft serve. ***You can stop here if you prefer a soft serve like ice cream texture but if you want a more firm texture, return to the freezer for another hour before scooping into an ice cream cone and topping with more sprinkles.
For a dairy free version, use vegan protein and full fat coconut milk instead of yogurt.