Happy New Year folks! Thanks to all of you, 2015 was a great year and I am so excited to create so many new recipes in 2016! If there’s anything specific you would like me to create, I would love to hear from you! My email is in the contact section.
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c powdered peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co vanilla flavor)
- 2 scoops protein powder (I used PEScience cookies and cream flavor)
- 1/4 c oat flour
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 sticky sweetener (I used vitafiber--honey/agave/maple syrup will also work)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. warm water
- 1 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- 12 pitted dates
- 1/4 c plus 1 tbsp. almond butter (I used Buff Bake snickerdoodle flavor)
- 2 tbsp. sticky syrup (I used vitafiber--honey/agave/maple syrup will also work)
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Melt coconut oil and syrup together and then add to dry ingredients.
- Add water and mix until dough forms.
- Fold in chips.
- Press dough into the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan lined with parchment paper and place into the freezer while you prepare your caramel layer.
- Place all caramel ingredients in high performing blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Remove cookie dough layer from the freezer and press caramel layer evenly over cookie dough. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips if desired and returned to the freezer for one hour before cutting into squares and serving.