I believe today is world chocolate day and there’s chocolate chips in these bars so that works, right? In my world, every day is chocolate day, even if it’s tiny chocolate chips. Chocolate. Every. Day.
Most of my recipes start out as experiments, so when these came together after just five ingredients (yes, five simple ingredients), I couldn’t wait to share this super simple recipe with you guys.
Peanut butter, maple syrup, oats, protein and chocolate chips! That’s all you need to make these delicious energy bars.
These high protein, five ingredients energy bars are a perfectly sweet way to start your day!
- 1 c old fashion oats
- 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp. peanut butter (I used Nuts 'N More)
- 3 tbsp. all natural sugar-free maple syrup*
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Cookies and Cream 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)*
- 2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips*
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor or high performing blender.
- Pulse just until combined.
- Remove blades and fold in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into a small pan about lined with parchment paper (about 8x8 or smaller).
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
For vegan use dairy free chocolate chips and protein. Vanilla and chocolate flavored protein powders will also taste great! Maple syrup can be replaced by any sticky syrup (agave, honey or brown rice syrup) however, macros will change.