It’s no secret; I love peanut butter and chocolate.
Don’t tell anyone but it’s a nice change from all the pumpkin recipes I’ve been pumping out lately. See what I did there?
The other day I stumbled on a great Instagram account @eatingbrofood (you should go follow her) and she posted a protein bar recipe that she made in her food processor and I was absolutely dumb founded. Why I have never thought to put any of my simple protein bar recipes into a food processor is beyond me! Have you ever tried to hand mix peanut butter, whey protein and sticky syrup to make a protein bar? It’s not easy and requires a little more effort than one would think. Her simple idea got me so excited that I had to make protein bars right away.
Behold, peanut butter (because duh!) protein bars topped with peanut peanuts and sugar free chocolate.
I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Protein Powder but I would also recommend PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. Get 30% OFF using code PBCHOCO.
Sugar-Free peanut butter protein bar layered with peanuts and covered in decadent chocolate. A perfect high protein treat!
- 2 scoops protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 1/2 c peanut butter (I used Nuts 'N More)
- 1/2 c sugar-free maple syrup
- 2/3 c oat flour
- 1/3 c sugar-free chocolate chips (I used Lily's)
- 1/4 c unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Place protein, peanut butter, maple syrup and oat flour in a food processor until a dough forms. Stop and scrape the sides as needed.
- Separate dough into 6 evenly sized pieces and shape them into bars.
- Top bars with peanuts and melted chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for minutes before serving.
- Store in the freezer. Remove for 5 minutes before serving.