Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Cookie Sandwich
Holy cow you guys! These almond butter stuffed shortbread cookies are to die for. I’ve been messing around with protein powder shortbread recipes for the last few days and I think I finally found one that I love. It has just enough crunch but also not too dry or chalky. I couldn’t have just a plain old shortbread cookie though, so I stuffed it with my favorite chia, flax Snickerdoodle Almond Spread from Buff Bake (get 10% off your order at buffbake.com using my code PBCHOCO). But I still wasn’t satisfied so I dipped them in some dark chocolate, thus creating the perfect cookie sandwich–boyfriend aprroved!
Sticking with a snickerdoodle theme, I used my favorite protein powder– Select Protein by PEScience, Snickerdoodle Flavor. You get 25% off your entire PEScience order by using my code PBCHOCO.
Recipe makes 6 sandwich cookies.
If you love this recipe, please share it with your friends on Pinterest or Facebook by using the buttons at the bottom of the page! Thanks 🙂
- 1.5 Scoops Snickerdoodle Protein Powder or your favorite protein
- 1/2 c Almond Flour
- 1/4 c Almond Milk or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp. Oat Flour
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Butter Extract
Almond Butter Filling
- 2 tbsp. Snickerdoodle Almond Spread (10% off code PBCHOCO)
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Scoop Snickerdoodle Protein Powder
- 1/4 c Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- Mix all dry ingredients for the cookies and then add the wet. Roll dough until it’s 1/4″ thick and cut into cookie shapes. Repeat until you have used all the dough. Mine made 12 cookies using about a 1 1/2″ cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 7 minutes at 350f.
- While cookies cool, melt almond butter and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl. Fold in protein powder until combined.
- Evenly distribute almond butter mix between six of the cookies and make a sandwich with the other six.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Spoon chocolate over half of the cookies and place them in the freezer until chocolate hardens (about 10 minutes).