There is no shortage of oats in my house. In fact, I have oats just about every day. If I’m not making pancakes or cookies using oat flour then I’m prepping myself overnight oats to eat for breakfast when I am on the go. Like when I have to be up for work at 3:30 in the morning, overnight oats save me because the first thing I want to do in the morning is eat and the last thing I want to do is make myself breakfast. Ya feel?
I usually go for the simple kind: oats, milk, chocolate protein powder and cocoa powder. Occasionally, I will throw in some chia seeds or flax for a little fiber. Today, I decided to spice up my oat flavor a bit and made Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats – complete with apple chunks and cinnamon sticks.
Layers and Layers of oatmeal goodness…
For the most deliciousl cinnamon oats use PEScience SNICKERDOODLE Protein Powder 30% off code PBCHOCO.
Spice up your morning with these delectable Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal recipe.
- 2 c old fashion oats
- 2 c almond milk
- 2 scoops protein powder (I used PEScience Snickerdoodle 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c dried apples
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, milk and vanilla extract. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Separate 1/4 cup of oats between 4 mason jars or containers. Place 1/4 cup dried apple slices over the oats. Top with another 1/4 cup oats.
- Cover mason jars or containers and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or over night before serving.
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: diced apples and cinnamon stick