Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 zucchinis, peeled, shredded and excess water drained (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg, whole
- 1/2 c egg whites
- 1/4 c sugar free maple syrup (can be replaced with agave, honey or pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 c pumpkin puree (can be replaced with applesauce)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Milk Chocolate 30% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/4 c plus 1 tbsp. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 c powdered peanut butter (I used Better Body Foods)
- 3/4 c water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 23g mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (except chocolate chips) in a bowl and set a side.
- In separate bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pumpkin together until smooth.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until completely incorporated then add water and zucchini and continue mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.