Last week my waffle maker finally gave out–it had enough of my food experiments and literally just stopped cooking. As I lay my old Belgian waffle maker to rest (or toss it in the trash), I am celebrating the life of my new “toaster” size waffle maker by making healthy, low fat, low carb and super delicious Funfetti Waffles.
A close up for good measure.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. sprinkles
- 1 tbsp. powdered peanut butter (Better Body Foods) plus 1 tbsp. vanilla protein powder mixed with enough water to form a pourable consistency
- diced strawberries
- diced banana
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray and turn on medium-high heat (if you have a heat setting).
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients together then add remaining ingredients.
- Whisk in until smooth.
- Pour batter into the center of the waffle iron until covered.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy. Mine took about 7 minutes.
Macros with all toppings: 317cal/ 11f/ 27c/ 38p