Before using up your extra ripe bananas on plain old banana bread, try adding a little spice and a little molasses to have the ultimate banana-gingerbread experience!
Molasses is one of my favorite sugars to work with because of how distinct the flavor is. Unlike honey or agave, molasses is very potent and can always be detected when used in a recipe. It’s mid-October so it’s totally cool that I’m transitioning from pumpkin to gingerbread flavored desserts, right? I just couldn’t wait! I love the Holiday Season and I believe it Starts October 1st!
This cake is so delicious as is so I chose opted out of icing and instead dusted it with a little vanilla protein powder.
I know I’ve mentioned this before but PEScience Snickerdoodle protein powder goes so well with holiday flavors like pumpkin or gingerbread and will sweeten your recipes without all the added sugar and you can get 30% off all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO. WIN!
Deliciously moist molasses banana cake dusted with sweet vanilla protein.
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1/2 c egg whites
- 2 eggs, whole
- 1/4 c blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c oat flour
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c protein powder (I used PEScience Snickerdoodle get 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare two round 8 inch pans with non-stick spray.
- In a mixer, beat bananas, eggs, almond milk, molasses and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- In a bowl, sift together the flours, protein, coconut sugar, spices, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour half of the mix into one pan and half into the other.
- Bake for 24-27 minutes.
- Let cool completely before dusting with vanilla protein powder or powdered sugar and serving.