Take those overly ripe bananas and turn them into something delicious! Today I was feeling a little adventurous so instead of making plain old banana bread, I made buckwheat berry banana bread with added protein!
I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein. Get 30% OFF all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO at checkout.
A healthy breakfast to make a head of time! Buckwheat berry banana protein muffins!
- 3 overly ripe bananas
- 1 c brown rice flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c buckwheat flour
- 32g vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c frozen berries
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a muffin tin with non-stick spray and set a side.
- Place the bananas in a mixer or mash with a fork. Stir in eggs, yogurt and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flours, protein, baking soda and baking powder. Add your dry ingredients to your wet, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Fold in frozen berries.
- Fill 12 muffin molds with batter and bake for 22-24 minutes. Let cool and serve.