I didn’t even feel guilty for eating almost an entire batch of cookies in one sitting. In fact, I feel like such a good girlfriend because I managed to save one for my boyfriend–he loved them by the way!
I always get little worried when making protein cookies that they could possibly come out with a rubbery texture but these Protein Carrot Cake Cookies are a perfect combination of soft and chewy (which is why I ate so many).
- 1/2 c oat flour
- 3 tbsp. quick oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Snickerdoodle 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 1 c raw grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 1/4 c sugar free maple syrup or sticky syrup of choice
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla)
- 1 tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp. low fat cream cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Stir in melted coconut oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Add the grated carrots and continue stirring until a dough forms (should be very thick and moist).
- Use a cookie scoop to place 9 cookie dough balls on the parchment paper about 3 inches apart.
- Wet your fingers and press the balls flat.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes.
- While cookies are cooling, mix together all your frosting ingredients and place the frosting in a zip lock bag. Cut the corner of the bag to create a small hole for piping.
- Decorate cookies and enjoy!
*Store cookies in the refrigerator **Omit frosting if vegan