Chocolate for breakfast? Yes, please!
Healthy scones made using only whole food ingredients and chocolate, of course!
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 1/4 c oat flour
- 32g protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil measured when melted
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp. water
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, protein, salt, baking soda and powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla extract and oil.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry and mix until incorporated. Fold in oat flour and chocolate chips.
- Place dough into the center of your baking sheet and use your hands to form a dome like shape.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and cut dome into 8 slices. It's okay if the slices aren't completely separated from each other.
- Place the scones back into the oven and continue baking for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cut along the same slices but this time separating them from each other.
- Return to oven for another 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- While cooling, stir together vanilla drizzle ingredients.
- Use a spoon to drizzle vanilla over scones and enjoy!