Today is one of my favorite days of the year – National Cookie Day!
Who says cookies have to be round? I prefer them in rectangles that are perfect for dipping!
These chocolate dipped shortbread cookies are healthy, gluten-free, paleo and made with no added sugar! Win!
Dunk away because these cookies are only 90 calories each!
Deliciously healthy chocolate dipped shortbread cookies with almonds. Paleo and Gluten-Free!
- 1/2 c finely ground almond flour
- 32g protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp. all natural sugar-free maple syrup or sticky syrup of choice
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 30g sugar-free chocolate, melted
- 1-2 tbsp. slivered almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a small baking dish with non-stick spray. I used a glass dish about 6x6 inches.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, protein, desiccated coconut, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, syrup, vanilla and almond milk.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry and mix until a dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cut the shortbread into 10 evenly sized rectangles.
- Place rectangles on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled, dip cookies in melted chocolate and place on a wire rack. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and place in the freezer for 5 minutes or until chocolate hardens.