It’s not too late to bake a decadent [healthy] treat for your Valentine! I whipped up these gorgeous vegan brownies in just under 20 minutes!
I made these extra fudgy brownies using only whole food ingredients and PEScience protein powder. Vegan protein powders as well as whey powders are available with 30% OFF using my code PBCHOCO at checkout www.pescience.com
A healthy decadent chocolate fudge treat your valentine will love! Made using only whole food ingredients and packed with protein!
- 1/2 c almond flour, finely ground
- 1/2 c brown rice flour or oat flour
- 32g chocolate protein powder (I used PEScience 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. ground flax + 3 tbsp. water
- 1/4 c baking stevia
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. all natural sugar-free maple syrup (I used Joseph's)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 strawberries, diced and cut into hearts
- Pre-heat oven to 325F and prepare an 8x8 inch baking dish or pan with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- In a small dish, stir together ground flax and water and then set a side.
- Place all dry brownie ingredients into a mixer (flours, cocoa powder, protein powder, desiccated coconut, baking stevia, baking soda and baking powder) and mix until combined.
- Add in melted oil, flax mix (flax egg) and pumpkin and continue mixing until a dough forms.
- Press brownie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. While cooling, whisk together your frosting ingredients until smooth and then pour the entire contents over brownies.
- Top frosting with cut out strawberries and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 9 squares and serve.
Store in refrigerator