Healthy Chocolate Fudge Shortbread Cookies
- 1/2 c coconut flour (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 3 tbsp. powdered peanut butter (I used Better Body Foods)
- 3 tbsp. almond flour
- 2 tbsp. vitafiber or sticky syrup (agave/honey/brown rice syrup)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. tapioca flour plus more for dusting
- 1 chocolate bar about 70g (I used Cocoa +)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil (I used Better Body Foods)
- 2 tsp. agave (I used Better Body Foods)
- Pre-heat oven to 325f and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients and then using a fork, mix in the wet ingredients.
- If dough is too sticky, add another teaspoon of tapioca flour.
- Dust a clean area with tapioca flour and roll out dough until it's about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter or a glass to cut out circles. Dough should make about 8 cookies.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt chocolate ingredients together until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of the cookies in the chocolate and place them upside down on a wire wrack.
- Transfer the wire wrack to the freezer until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove from the freezer and turn all the cookies right side up and drizzle with remaining chocolate.