If you are a lover of peanut butter and chocolate (especially together) then you need to make this recipe right this second. And be careful because it’s highly addictive!
This kind of dessert is the exact reason why I started a healthy dessert blog. A few years ago I followed a recipe for a healthy chocolate peanut butter bar and it was so delicious. I just couldn’t believe it was good for me so I had to share it with the world thus creating my Instagram which eventually led to a blog!
The best ever protein packed Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars! 117 calories each!
- 1/2 c natural peanut butter
- 48g protein powder (I used PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter, protein powder, coconut flour, milk and sugar-free maple syrup using a fork until a dough forms.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of the pan and set a side.
- In a double boiler or microwave safe bowl, gently melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Stir in sugar-free maple syrup until you have a frosting like consistency.
- Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread chocolate over the peanut butter layer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For vegan use dairy-free chocolate chips.