How many different ways can I put chocolate and peanut butter together? I’ll let you know the answer when I finally peak but as of right now I have no plans on stopping.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart coming at you hard! This treat is vegan (use a PEScience Vegan protein) and gluten free. Double yay! I also used an avocado oil from Better Body Foods in the crust which was a nice change from coconut oil.
Get 30% OFF all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO.
Low carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart made healthy using only whole food ingredients.
- 1 c almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 c powdered peanut butter
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c plus 1 tbsp. almond milk
- flaked salt for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 325F and prepare a small pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, mix together all crust ingredients until a dough forms.
- Press dough into the bottom of the pan and slightly up the sides. This will be a very thin layer.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes and then let cool completely.
- Whisk together all filling ingredients.
- Pour filling into the crust. Cover and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and sprinkle with flaked salt.
- Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
- Store in the freezer.