Do you love pumpkin? Of course, you do. Who doesn’t? Seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that doesn’t love pumpkin.
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a total basic girl and when September rolls around, it’s pumpkin spice everything for me! I literally cannot get enough of it so today I made pumpkin donuts. They are healthy, of course and made with protein powder and whole food ingredients.
They are perfect just as they are without any icing or cinnamon sugar. I had one like this and dipped it in my coffee… OMG. TO DIE FOR!
Dipping them in a cinnamon sugar mix is not such a bad idea either!
Using Snickerdoodle flavored protein powder tastes the best when baking with pumpkin. Although, a simple vanilla flavor will work, I highly recommend SNICKERDOODLE PEScience Select Protein! Get 30% OFF all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO.
- 1/2 c oat flour
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience SNICKERDOODLE 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1 egg, 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift all your dry ingredients together (oat four, almond flour, protein, coconut sugar, baking powder and spices).
- In another bowl, whisk together your egg, egg white, almond milk, pumpkin and vanilla extract.
- Add your pumpkin mix to your dry mix and stir until smooth.
- Pour your donut batter into a piping bag or plastic zip bag and cut the corner. Pipe your pumpkin batter into 6 donut molds. Fill almost full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooled, mix your cinnamon sugar together. Brush donuts with coconut oil or butter before dipping into cinnamon sugar mix.