- 1 c plus 2-4 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla get 30% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1/4 c coconut sugar (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 tsp. stevia
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 2/3 c almond milk or milk of choice (110f)
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 packet of sugar free instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 scoop milk chocolate protein powder (I used PEScience)
- 1/2 scoop gourmet vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 c almond milk
- 1/4 scoop milk chocolate protein powder (I used PEScience)
- 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup flour, protein powder, stevia, salt and yeast.
- Stir in warm milk, oil, egg yolks and vanilla.
- With an electric mixer on high, beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons at a time until dough holds together.
- Remove dough and knead 50 times on a floured surface.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thick and cut our circles (I used a glass). Re-roll remaining dough.
- Place cut circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover and place in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Prepare your filling by whisking together instant pudding mix and milk for two minutes.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Once pudding is set, separate the pudding into two bowls.
- In one bowl, stir in the vanilla protein powder until completely incorporated and then pour the filling into a piping bag with a long slender tip--set a side.
- In the second bowl, stir in the chocolate protein powder and cocoa powder until completely incorporated and then pour the filling into a piping bag with a long slender tip--set a side.
- After 45 minutes and your doughnuts have become puffy, bake for 8 minutes and 375f.
- Remove from oven and immediately fill doughnuts by pressing the tip into the side of the doughnut and filling.*
- Stir your drizzle ingredients together and decorate doughnuts.
- Serve immediately.
*I used the end of my baking thermometer to poke a hole in the side of the doughnut before filing.
These doughnuts were inspired by http://www.jennycancook.com/