This was my first time attempting to make a healthy pizza dough and I was quite impressed with myself! It was absolutely delicious, a little dense but light enough that you can hold it like a slice of pizza.
I topped mine with chocolate hazelnut spread, strawberries and blackberries and it was perfection. Tomorrow I’m going for peanut butter and bananas!
Macros listed are just for the pizza dough and not including the chocolate hazelnut spread.
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour or oat flour
- 1/4 c plus 1 tbsp. brown rice flour
- 1/2 c protein powder (I used PEScience)
- 1 egg, large
- 1/4 c plus 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. agave (Better Body Foods)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (Better Body Foods)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of stevia (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350f and prepare a 9" round pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Pour dough into the pan and use a spatula to evenly spread it to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Let cool and top with your favorite spreads and fruit!