It’s safe to say that I have an obsession with chocolate–and peanut butter–and protein. I don’t go a day without these three things and why should I? I mean, not only are they delicious, they are also healthy for you.
Chocolate (especially raw cocoa powder) is loaded with antioxidants, peanut butter has tons of healthy fats and also tastes freakin’ delicious and protein powder is just the greatest gift you can give to your muscles.
So I took my three favorites things in the world and made the softest double chocolate protein cookies (AKA death by chocolate).
Look at those chunks and all their chocolaty glory!
I used my two favorite brands: PEScience and Nuts ‘N More. Protein powder (especially whey) can be tricky to bake with but I’ve found that PEScience not only tastes absolutely amazing and they have an huge assortment of flavors but it bakes well too! Get 30% off all PEScience products when using code PBCHOCO.
Nuts N’ More is hands down, my favorite peanut butter (and I’m not even being paid to say that!) for a few reasons.
- The taste and texture are out of this world and incomparable to other brands!
- The MACROS! Oh my gawd the macros are insane. I do IIFYM and Nuts ‘N More is a freaking blessing because it only contains 10g of fat per 2 tablespoons (that’s about 6g less than the leading brand).
- There’s a chocolate flavor–WIN!
Unfortunately, I do not have a discount code for you with the peanut butter. I buy mine from VitaCost.com because it’s the cheapest and they deliver the next day!
Anyway, I know what you came here for–this delicious recipe!
It goes great with almond milk!
Be careful not to drop your cookie in the cup like I did! Oops!
That melty chocolate though…
Death by chocolate healthy protein cookies! So delicious, you can't just have one!
- 1 c peanut butter (I used chocolate flavored peanut butter)
- 2 scoops protein (I used PEScience Frosted Chocolate Cupcake 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 1/3 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c oat flour (coconut flour for Paleo)
- 3 tbsp. special dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- flaked salt for sprinkling
- Pre-heat your oven to 350f and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all your dry ingredients (protein, oat flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and soda).
- Use a fork to fold in your peanut butter until a dry, clumpy dough forms.
- Add your pumpkin puree 1 tablespoon at a time until your reach a cookie dough consistency. This will very depending on the peanut butter you use.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough on the baking sheets. Press them down slightly using your fingers.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE or they will be dry.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with flaked salt if desired.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cooling for another 10 minutes.
- These will keep in an air tight container for many days.
Macros will vary depending on the brand of peanut butter and chocolate chips you use.