Move over Girl Scout’s Thin Mints! There’s a healthier and more delicious cookie in town and it’s vegan, gluten-free with no sugar added!
Healthy Thin Mint copycat cookies.
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 32g chocolate protein powder (I used PEScience 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. all natural sugar-maple syrup or sticky syrup of choice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 drop peppermint extract
- 1/2 c sugar-free chocolate chips (I used Lily's) for vegan use Enjoy Life *macros will change
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, stir together the flours, protein and cocoa powder.
- Stir in oil, syrup, vanilla extract and water until a dough forms.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until it's about 1/8" thick. Use a small round cookie cutter (I used my cinnamon spice cap) to cut out cookies. Repeat with any extra dough until you have used it all. Place cookie dough on the parchment paper. The cookies won't spread so they can be close together.
- Bake for 6 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave safe bowl.
- Spoon melted chocolate over cookies, just enough to spread to edges. Place cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes for chocolate to harden before serving.
- Store in a cool place.