Spinkles just make life a little more colorful.
That gooey inside though.
- 1 c whole wheat flour or gluten free flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/2 c protein powder (I used PEScience Snickerdoodle get 30% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tbsp. butter (I used Smart Balance)* can be replaced with coconut butter or oil
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. stevia
- 1/4 c butter (I used Smart Balance) can be replaced with coconut butter or oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. sprinkles
- 3 tbsp. sugar free powder sugar
- almond milk until you reach a desired consistency
- In a small pot, warm your milk and butter on low heat just until luke warm. If you your milk is too hot, let is sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, protein powder and stevia.
- Whisk yeast into milk/butter mixture until completely incorporated then stir into the flour mix until a dough forms.
- Use your hands to kneed the dough for about a minute.
- Roll the dough into a ball, leave it in the bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and place it in a warm place for 30-45 minutes. (I just kept mine on top of the oven while it pre-heated)
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Once the dough has sat for 30-45 minutes roll it out until it's about 1/4" thick in thin rectangular shape.
- Melt your butter, cocnut sugar and cinnamon together and brush it on top of your dough and top with sprinkles.
- Starting with the wide end, roll the dough tightly into a log.
- Cut the dough into 1 inch slices and lay them in your pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together and drizzle over cinnamon rolls.