WARNING: The following Gingerbread Men Cookie Recipe is highly addictive. I’m not going to lie; I’ve had a few of these cookies today and I just can’t seem to stop. HELP ME!
If your self control is better than mine and you are looking for the ultimate vegan gingerbread man cookie to bake this weekend, look no further because these adorable little cookies will hit the spot. Crunchy on the outside with a chewy center – hands down the best holiday cookie I’ve made this year!
These perfect little cut out cookies are just as delicious without chocolate as they are decorated. I dipped half of my gingerbread men in chocolate and left the other half to dip in my morning coffee!
If you have been following me for a while then you know that I put protein powder in just about everything. I’m on-the-go a lot and by adding PEScience to food helps to ensure that I’m getting my daily protein and it tastes amazing! PEScience protein powders are available in whey and vegan. Get 30% OFF using code PBCHOCO at PEScience.com
The ULTIMATE healthy gingerbread man cookie! Made vegan and gluten-free!
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 1/2 c oat flour, gluten-free (can sub for almond flour if desired)
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour + more for rolling
- 34g protein powder (I used PEScience 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tbsp. all natural sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. ground flax + 2 1/2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ground flax and water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Once the five minutes are up, add the molasses, maple syrup and vanilla extract to your flax mixture and stir until completely incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, oat flour, tapioca flour, protein, coconut sugar, spices and salt.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients bowl and mix with a fork until a dough forms.
- Dust a clean surface with tapioca flour - be generous.
- Roll out dough until it's about 1/8" thick. Dust with more flour as needed.
- Spray a cookie cutter with non-stick spray and cut out gingerbread man shapes.
- Repeat until you have used all the dough.
- Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool before decorating.