Chewy inside and crispy on the outside. These gingersnap cookies were made using only whole food ingredients and the best quality whey protein.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, there’s no better time to bake a batch of these utterly delicious snaps.
I’ve found that PEScience Select protein bakes better than any other protein I’ve worked with. Get 30% off all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO.
Healthy gingersnap cookies with a crispy edge and chewy center.
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c tapioca flour
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 1/4 c coconut sugar (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/4 c + 1 tbsp. coconut oil, measured before melting (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 tsp. blackstrap molasses 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. sticky syrup (maple, honey, agave, etc.)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. warm water
- In a large bowl, sift together flours, protein, salt, coconut sugar, baking powder and spices.
- In a microwave safe bowl, gently melt coconut oil and then whisk in molasses, sticky syrup and egg yolk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until completely incorporated and a dough forms.
- Prepare a pan with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to measure twelve evenly sized cookie dough balls. Place the cookie dough balls on the parchment paper about 2" apart.
- Place cookie dough balls in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. I usually use this time to clean up and pre-heat my oven.
- Once chilled, bake cookies for 10 minutes at 325F. Remove from oven and gently press them flat to remove the puffiness.
- Bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before dipping in protein icing.
- Gently melt coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Whisk in water and protein until smooth.
- Dip cookies in icing and place them in the freezer for 5 minutes or until icing has hardened.