These healthy lemon blueberry treats are round like donuts yet taste like sweet delicious cakes. Okay, okay, maybe I tried to make donuts and filled the donut pan a little too full and the donut hole disappeared turning them into little cakes. No holes in these donuts means there’s a perfect spot to load your donut up with fruit or ice cream, although I prefer and recommend the latter.
Unlike most protein cake, these don’t lack moisture and still taste great the next day!
I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla. Get 30% OFF using code PBCHOCO at checkout.
Deliciously healthy lemon-blueberry donut cakes. Perfect for topping with ice cream!
- 1/2 c brown rice flour or gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 c almond flour, finely ground
- 32g vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. light butter or coconut oil, melted
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c granulated baking stevia
- 1/4 c almond milk
- 1/2 c frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp. almond milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a donut pan with non-stick spray - be generous!
- Place all dry ingredients into a mixer (flours, protein, stevia, baking soda and powder). Add in egg, melted butter or coconut oil and almond milk. Add lemon juice and zest and mix until light and fluffy.
- Fold in blueberries. Fill 5 donut molds with batter. Be sure to fill to the top! Bake donut-cakes for 15-16 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely. Stir together glaze and drizzle over cakes.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.