If you like getting creative with your breakfast food then you will love this decadent and super simple recipe!
I love the fruits that are in season this time of year and will find just about any excuse to use apples and pears in a recipe. I didn’t acquire a taste for pears until just a few years ago (not sure why because they are amazing). I can’t get enough of them now!
I tried baked pears last year and they were drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon. For so little ingredients, they were amazing and if you are just looking for a sweet and simple snack, that recipe is amazing. But if you want a more filling breakfast with your baked pears add some oats and crushed nuts for the ultimate Fall dish.
In just a few easy steps you will have an impressively beautiful baked pear breakfast.
Cut pears in half. Use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out the core. Fill with oat nut mix. Sprinkle with Cinnamon and bake.
Baked pears filled with crunchy oats, walnuts and cranberries - a decadent Autumn breakfast.
- 3 pears (I used Bartlett)
- 1/3 c old fashion oats, gluten-free if necessary
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, liquid or melted
- 2 tsp. maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp. crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, coconut oil, syrup, cinnamon, crushed nuts and cranberries and set aside.
- Wash pears and cut in half. Use a melon baller or spoon to scoop out the core.
- Cut off rounded back side of the pear so it lays flat.
- Place pears on the baking sheet and fill with oat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.