I have had this gigantic bag of walnuts sitting in my cabinet for what feels like years now. Okay, it’s probably been like two weeks but as a recipe creator and food blogger, your cabinets fill up with food rather quickly and can become a cluttered mess if you aren’t constantly using up your ingredients.
What better way to use up all of my walnuts than to make healthy blondies with no refined sugar or palm oil. These blondies can be made sugar free for those who have to watch their sugar intake, gluten free and are totally vegan!
I feel like maple is such an underrated flavor. I miss the old days at Starbucks when they had maple walnut scones and I can’t wait for the day that they finally come out with a maple flavored latte! *drooling*
I used PEScience Select Whey protein powder. For VEGAN use their vegan powders and get 30% off all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO!
Dense, moist and absolutely delicious maple blondies loaded with walnuts and still unbelievably healthy!
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/2 c oat flour (gluten free if necessary)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c sugar-free maple syrup or 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk or cashew milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 c chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare an 8x8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients (oat flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the liquid coconut oil (measure oil after melting), maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and mix using a fork.
- Stir in almond milk.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of your baking pan.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool before cutting into 9 pieces and serving.