Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 c old fashion oats
- 1/4 c coconut flour (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c powdered peanut butter (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/4 c sugar free maple syrup or sticky syrup of choice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1/2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 30g dark chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 325f and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, powered peanut butter, protein powder, oats, coconut sugar and baking powder.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and molasses and mix using a fork until the dough is crumbly.
- Add the egg and continue mixing.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Roll dough into 10 evenly sized balls and place them on the baking sheet about 2" apart and press them down to flatten just a bit.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.