Please tell me that I’m not the only one that’s addicted to 7-11 coffee. It’s a problem, I know–I’m dealing with it the best I know how (AKA, drinking it every single day of my life). But being an Exclusive Blend addict isn’t my only problem. Every time I walk into a 7-11 and head for their coffee bar ( yes, coffee bar, I needed to class it up a little) I am forced to walk past the snacks, which is impossible to avoid because they are EVERYWHERE. Every single day my eye is caught by one thing in particular, Muddy Buddies.
I decided today is the day that I make those delicious Muddy Buddies my own using my favorite peanut butter, a little chocolate and lots of protein powder!
This super simple recipe will only take five minutes of your time and requires absolutely NO BAKING! Yay!
I used PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup whey protein to coat my puppy chow and I can only imagine Gourmet Vanilla Flavor or Milk Chocolate would also be amazing. Get 30% off PEScience products using code PBCHOCO.
A healthy, high protein, crunchy snack in just five minutes.
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 c gluten free or whole wheat Chex (or cereal of choice)
- 1/2 c protein powder (I used PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter, coconut oil and chocolate chips together in 15 second intervals until smooth.
- Stir in cocoa powder.
- Place your Chex in a large bowl and pour your melted peanut butter mix over it.
- Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir until the Chex are completely coated in the peanut butter.
- Pour your protein powder into the bowl and continue to stir until the protein is completely incorporated and coats all the cereal.
For vegan option use dairy free chocolate chips and vegan protein.