Guess who’s nephew asked her to make Santa some healthy cookies this year? That’s right, my adorable nephew told me that he wants to leave Santa some of my special peanut butter and chocolate cookies! My heart melted into a million pieces and of course I’m making him a batch to leave for Santa!
Delicious and adorable!
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies filled with Chocolate Fudge!
- 3/4 c natural peanut butter
- 32g protein powder (I used PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup)
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. all natural sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix all your dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, stir together your peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add your peanut butter mixture to your dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and place them on the parchment paper. Recipe should make about 12.
- Use your thumb or a spoon to press the balls down in the center to create an indent.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and use a spoon to press down in the indent again.
- Let cool.
- While cooling, melt coconut oil and maple syrup together.
- Stir in cocoa powder.
- Fill each cookie center with chocolate and cover with sprinkles if desired.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes for chocolate to harden.