If you ever wonder what a girl that bakes peanut butter and chocolate desserts for a living dreams about… here it is.
Seriously, I have dreams about desserts and then I make them. Last night I dreamt about a large cookie with a brownie bottom, a thick layer of peanut butter and topped with a chocolate chunk cookie so today I made the healthiest version of it.
This super healthy, whole food version doesn’t skimp on flavor or density! This cookie tastes better than the real, sugar-packed thing!
Clean eating brownie bottom chocolate chip skillet cookie stuffed with peanut butter and it's absolutely to die for!
- 1/2 c gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 c finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 c baking stevia
- 32g vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. sugar-free chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 325F and prepare a small skillet with non-stick spray, set a side. In a mixer or large bowl, mix together oat flour, almond flour, protein, baking soda and powder. Add in egg, egg yolk and oil and continue mixing until completely incorporated and a dough forms.
- Remove half of the dough and place it in a bowl. Mix in cocoa powder and pumpkin puree until completely incorporated. You should have a thick brownie like batter. Wet you finger tips and press the brownie evenly into the bottom of the skillet.
- Top brownie layer with peanut butter.
- Add chocolate chips to remaining cookie dough and evenly press dough over peanut butter latey.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and enjoy!