I woke up this morning and decided there was nothing else I needed besides pumpkin French toast and a few cups of coffee, of course.
I made this delicious French toast using my favorite multi-grain sprouted bread from Trader Joe’s. I didn’t count up these calories for you because of how much it will very depending on the bread you use.
I drizzled my pumpkin French toast with a vanilla maple sauce and it’s to die for. I mixed together vanilla protein powder, sugar free maple syrup and water.
I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select protein for the vanilla maple sauce to sweeten it without having to add sugar and it worked like a charm! Yay! Get 30% OFF all PEScience products using code PBCHOCO.
Delicious golden pumpkin French toast drizzle with a sugar-free vanilla maple sauce.
- 4 slices bread of choice (I used a sprouted multi-grain)
- 1 egg, whole
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c almond milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp. vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 1 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp. water
- Pre-pare a skillet with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, beat egg, pumpkin, almond milk and spices until fluffy and then pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread into the pumpkin mixture until completely coated. Cook in skillet on medium heat until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Whisk together your vanilla maple sauce ingredients and drizzle over pumpkin French toast.
Macros were not added due to the variance in bread being used.