I found this adorably miniature iron skillet at Target last week and needless to say, I’m obsessed with baking desserts in it!
Since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I thought I would experiment with some red velvet flavored goodies – using my skillet of course!
These Healthy Red Velvet Brownies are gluten-free made using brown rice flour, almond flour and protein powder. I’d say the fudge factor on these little treats are a perfect ten! If you are looking for a deliciously healthy homemade Valentine’s gift, you can’t go wrong with these naturally colored red velvet brownies!
I used PEScience Cookies and Cream Select Protein but any vanilla or chocolate flavor will work. Get 30% OFF all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO!
Deliciously healthy naturally colored Red Velvet Brownies.
- 1/2 brown rice flour
- 1/2 c almond flour, finely ground
- 32g protein powder (I used PEScience Cookies and Cream 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. baking stevia or coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. beet root powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325F and prepare a small iron skillet with non-stick spray and set a side.
- Place the almond flour, brown rice flour, stevia, protein, cocoa powder, beet root powder and baking soda/powder in a mixer until all dry ingredients are blended together. Add in egg, egg yolk, oil and vanilla then continue mixing until a thick dough forms. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the skillet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve.