When you have a hankering for chocolate brownie batter you make chocolate lava cake!
Deliciously healthy chocolate molten lava cake made vegan and gluten-free!
- 2 tbsp. gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder 16g (I used PEScience Frosted Chocolate Cupcake 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. sticky syrup (agave, maple or sugar free maple)
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 tbsp. dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. ground flax + 2 1/2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a ramekin with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl prepare your flax egg by stirring together ground flax and 2.5 tablespoons of water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together oat flour, protein, baking soda, baking powder and coconut sugar.
- Combine your flax egg with the coconut oil, almond milk and syrup until combined and then add mixture to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 10 second intervals.
- Once chocolate is melted, gently fold it into your batter - just until combined!
- Pour batter into ramekin and bake for 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the edges. Flip ramekin over to remove cake. Top with fruit or vegan ice cream.
flax egg can be replaced with 1 egg yolk if not vegan