I don’t have a lot to say about this decadent cake for one.
And honestly, I do I even need to?
I mean, it’s a peanut butter cake with chocolate chips—no sharing required! I think it speaks for itself.
I will say that this cake was not made in a microwave because frankly, I really don’t care for microwaved cake. If I’m going to have cake, I’m going to take the extra few minutes and let it bake itself to perfection in the oven!
An easy recipe for a single serving healthy peanut butter cake with chocolate chips made using only whole food ingredients.
- 2 tbsp. oat flour (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (I used PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. sticky syrup, I used sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a 1-cup ramekin with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, sift together all dry ingredients (oat flour, protein, powdered peanut butter, coconut sugar, baking powder and baking soda).
- In another bowl, stir together coconut oil, vanilla extract and sticky syrup.
- Pour coconut oil mixture into the dry mixture and stir using a fork.
- Add the egg yolk and continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour dough into ramekin and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!