As much as I can’t wait for pumpkin lattes, leaves flooding the streets and Halloween decorations, I am having a tough time saying goodbye to summer. All of my favorite fruits are in season during the summer months and I can’t help but to think I didn’t get quite get my fill of them.
As a tribute to summer, I made Healthy Strawberry Protein Muffins made with freeze dried strawberries. P.S. you can get freeze dried strawberries all year long! Yay!
I placed one cup of freeze dried strawberries in my food processor on high until it turned to powder. I then stirred in all my dry ingredients.
Makes for a delicious looking batter and an even more flavorful muffin!
These muffins aren’t like your supermarket muffins. Oh no, these muffins are made with only whole food ingredients and added protein powder to give you a little extra nutritional boost to keep you energized throughout the day.
I used PEScience Select Gourmet Vanilla protein powder. I find it bakes better than other protein powders on the market and tastes so sweet, you won’t need to add any extra sugar.
You can get 30% off all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO on their website.
Only 98 calories per delicious Strawberry Muffin. Made with all whole food ingredients and vanilla whey protein powder.
- 1 c freeze dried strawberries
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour (I used Better Body Foods)
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% code PBCHOCO)
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, whole
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp. freeze dried strawberry powder
- 2-3 tbsp. water
- Place your freeze dried strawberries in a food processor or blender on high until it turns to powder.
- Place 2 teaspoons of your freeze dried strawberry powder in a small bowl and set aside. This will be for your drizzle.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rest of your strawberry powder, your coconut and almond flour, coconut sugar, protein powder and baking powder.
- Add your almond milk, applesauce, vanilla and egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into 4 cupcake molds.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool and stir together your drizzle ingredients.
- Pour drizzle over muffins and enjoy.