Simple and delicious almond biscotti made with vanilla protein powder for extra protein and no added sugar! Win!
Biscotti is one of those things that look way more complicated to make than it actually is. A biscotti is just a cookie after all.
Some people like to dip their biscotti in coffee. I like to dip mine in milk.
I used a vanilla protein powder in place of sugar and thus created a healthy biscotti cookie. I used PEScience Select Protein (vegan proteins available). Get 30% OFF all PEScience products by using code PBCHOCO.
Healthy vanilla almond biscotti cookies great for dipping!
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c tapioca flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c sugar-free maple syrup or sticky syrup of choice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. slivered almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together flours, protein powder and baking soda.
- Stir in almond milk, vanilla extract and syrup until a dough forms.
- Form dough into a rectangle shape about 10" long and 2" wide and round the edges a bit so it's in a "semi-circle" like shape (reminds me of a ramp).
- Bake dough for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into 12 pieces and place them flat on the parchment paper.
- Reduce heat to 300F and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Flip biscotti over and bake the other side for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.