Today is my Birthday so I made myself Healthy Vanilla Piñata Protein Cupcakes with naturally colored pink yogurt icing! They are delicious and beautiful all at the same time! Almost to pretty too eat – ALMOST!
It’s just not a Birthday without sprinkles!
If you decide to like the frosting bowl, I won’t tell! 😉
I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein to make these cupcakes because it bakes better than any other protein I’ve worked with – hands down! Vanilla is also my favorite because it’s so versatile. Try any PEScience product for 30% OFF using code PBCHOCO.
Piñata Cupcakes made using only whole food ingredients - except the sprinkles of course!
- 1/4 c gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 32g vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. baking stevia or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c Greek Yogurt
- 32g vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla)
- 1 tsp. beet root powder
- 1/4 c sprinkles or candies
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- In a bowl, mix together flours, protein, baking powder stevia.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and melted coconut oil. Stir in coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Divide batter between 4 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- Use a knife to cut a circle on the tops of the cupcakes going in at an angle to create a cone like shape an inch deep. Set it aside.
- Fill cupcakes with about 1 tablespoon for sprinkles or candy.
- Cut the pointed end of the "cone" shape cupcake piece off so it fits back on top of the cupcakes.
- Whisk together frosting ingredients and frost cupcakes.