Just a week a half until Christmas! Where has the time gone? Well I can tell you where my time went…
It went to creating as many healthy versions of Christmas cookies as humanly possible before I leave to visit family for the holidays. It’s going quite well so far.
Today I made Healthy White Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookies that literally melt in your mouth.
Melt in your white chocolate cranberry shortbread cookies made healthy!
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 3 tbsp. oat flour
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 32g vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. sticky syrup (maple, agave, or honey)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, sift all dry ingredients together (almond flour, oat flour, tapioca flour, protein and baking powder).
- Stir in oil, water, vanilla and syrup.
- Mix until a dough forms.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Roll dough into a cylinder shape and wrap with plastic and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- While dough is firming up, pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove cookie dough from the oven and slice it into 11 evenly sized pieces.
- Bake cookies for 6-7 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.