It’s Friday and I think we should start the weekend with a decadent treat so healthy you can eat it for breakfast!
Don’t let these muffins fool you when you look at the ingredient list! Yes, they are made with oat flour! Yes, they are made with protein powder! Yes, they are made with vegetables and yet they still taste just as sweet and delicious as any store bought, sugar-packed, carrot cake muffin!
And there’s a secret surprise waiting for you inside these muffins…
Greek yogurt, cream cheese filling!
I’ve made this recipe a couple of times and I always use PEScience Select protein powder. This time I used Gourmet Vanilla but Snickerdoodle flavor also tastes amazing! Get 30% OFF all PEScience products using code PBCHOCO. www.pescience.com
It’s okay to eat carbs after dark… spoon from Put A Fork In It Designs
Deliciously healthy carrot cake muffins with the frosting on the inside for a sweet little surprise! Only 156 calories per muffin, 5g of fat, 16g of carbs and 13g of protein!
- 1 c grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 3/4 c oat flour
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tbsp. granulated stevia or coconut sugar
- 32g vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 2 eggs, whole
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 oz low fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. Greek Yogurt
- 16g vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and prepare a muffin tin with liners or non-stick spray.
- In large bowl, stir together all dry cake ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, grated carrots and vanilla extract.
- Pour carrot mix into the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Prepare your filling in a small bowl. Mix together cream cheese, yogurt and protein powder. Once smooth add almond milk and continue stirring.
- Fill 6 muffin tins half full with batter. In the center of each muffin, place a spoonful of the filling. Cover with remaining carrot cake batter.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes.