- 3/4 c brown rice flour*
- 2 scoops milk chocolate protein powder (I used PEScience get 25% off using code PBCHOCO)
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 c plus 3 tbsp. vitafiber syrup or sticky syrup**
- 3 tbsp. almond butter
- 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 c unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 c agave (I used Better Body Foods)
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 30 raw almonds
- Prepare an 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper and set a side.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, protein and cocoa powder.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, gently melt the vitafiber or sticky syrup (see notes) and almond butter for 10 seconds and then mix until combined.
- Add the almond butter mixture to the flour/protein mixture. Stir using a fork until crumbly.
- Because all protein powders are different and react separately to liquid, add the almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach a dough like consistency.
- Press the dough evenly into he bottom of the pan and set a side.
- Mix the coconut and agave together and then press evenly over protein bar layer.
- Evenly scatter the almonds over the coconut.
- Gently melt chocolate and coconut oil together and pour over the almonds and coconut. Use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate evenly to the corners.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
*Brown rice flour can be replaced with oat flour **If using a sticky syrup such as agave/honey or maple syrup, use only 1/4 cup