If you follow me on Instagram (@peanutbutterpluschocolate), you probably already know that I love protein bars. I would even goes as far as to say that I am a bit obsessed with them. I honestly can’t remember the last time I went an entire day without eating a protein bar, whether it be one I’ve made myself or a store bought one. Maybe I have a problem?
If you have a protein bar habit like mine, then you already know how expensive it can get. Most good quality protein bars are close to three dollars a bar which can really put a dent in your wallet (but totally worth it). Making your own bars can save you money and a trip to GNC.
For obvious reasons I chose to make these bars peanut butter and chocolate chip flavored and used PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Select protein powder (30% off code PBCHOCO) but you can use any whey protein for different flavor combinations. I’m sure Snickerdoodle or Gourmet Vanilla protein powders would also taste amazing!
I love protein bars!
- 1/3 c coconut flour
- 2 scoops protein powder (I used PEScience Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup 30% off code PBCHOCO)
- 1/4 c powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. liquid coconut oil (if using solid coconut oil, measure after melting)
- 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together your protein, coconut flour and powdered peanut butter.
- Add your coconut oil and mix using a fork.
- Stir in almond milk until a dough forms. You may want to use your hands for mixing.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll your dough into a ball and press evenly into a pan lined with parchment paper about 8x8 inches and press it flat.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before cutting into 8 bars and serving.
- Store in a cool place. (I personally think they taste best from the freezer)